Humidifiers have taken the health and wellness world by storm and that too for good! They are a perfect way to relax and unwind after a hectic day at work. Place them in your room or even better, carry them along on your travel expeditions to cater to your on-the-go needs!
Why is a Humidifier Good For Your Place?
Ever wondered why wellness blogs are over bursting with their love for humidifiers? No?
Well, let me tell you why!
Humidity, in exceedingly hot temperatures, may seem intolerable to you. However, as soon as those crisp winter gusts hit you, investing in an efficient bedroom humidifier is certainly the best option. It helps in increasing the humidity and moisture levels in the environment, which can further boost your health in the following ways
- Soothes Dry Skin – Dry cold air can rip off moisture from your skin, leaving it parched and thirsty. A humidifier returns this moisture into the environment, thus replenishing your skin!
- Alleviates Breathing Problems – Moistureless air can trigger asthma attacks, and worsen your condition. Humidifiers are significant for easing up such breathing problems, thus relieving your suffering.
- Helps in Keeping Infections at Bay – Microorganisms, that may cause cold and influenza in winter months, are eliminated in a moisture-laden atmosphere, thereby keeping you out of danger.
- Replenishes Wilting Plants – Are your plants looking shriveled and dried up? Dry air might be the culprit behind this! A humidifier will revive your plants and bless them with a new life!
- Preventing Nosebleeds – Nosebleeds usually occur in winters. And, what’s the reason behind them? Again, dry and parched nasal epithelial lining. Dry air seems to affect almost every part of the body. Using a humidifier is a great way to restore moisture and prevent such nosebleed episodes from occurring!
Humidifiers have so much to offer. However, before you pull out your wallet to purchase that ever-so-fancy humidifier that you have been eyeing from an eternity, read on to find out how to purchase the best Humidifier for your bedroom!
Choosing the Right Humidifier for Your Bedroom
Picking up the perfect bedroom humidifier, that caters to our needs, can be a challenging task. Going through a ton of branded air humidifiers is quite exhausting in itself. To simplify matters for you, we have compiled a handy list of the specifications that should be present in an ideal bedroom humidifier. Have a look.
What Type of Humidifier Do You Want?
When it comes to bedroom humidifiers, you get the option of choosing between either a warm mist humidifier, or a cool mist humidifier. Both are responsible for pumping water vapors back into the environment, but both have uniquely different ways of executing the task.
Warm Mist Humidifiers
Just as the name suggests, a warm mist humidifier will heat up the water to the point where it almost vaporizes, and then will blow out these vapors into the surroundings like a fine mist.
- Warm mist humidifiers keep infectious agents and irritants under control
- Clears the air from dust and allergens
- Useful in winters as it raises the room temperature slightly
- Warm mist humidifiers use more electricity, leading to a hike in your electricity bills
- They are more prone to accidents as boiling water in them can cause serious burns
- Work best in smaller rooms
- Are high – maintenance humidifiers
Cool Mist Humidifiers
Cool mist humidifiers are a breeze to work with, literally!
They evaporate water through a variety of ways. They can be either ultrasonic, evaporative or even an impeller type humidifier. Later, a fan blows cool air onto the vapors, and turns them into the ultra fine cool mist.
- Utilize less energy
- Produce cool vapors – ideal for summers
- Suitable for rooms with large areas
- Require clean up on a regular basis
- Cool vapors can promote the growth of molds and mildew
- Fans in cool mist humidifiers produce noise
How much Area Do You Want to Cover?
The size of a humidifier should correspond with the size of the room it will be placed in. Just as a spacious room will require a large Humidifier, similarly, a small and compact humidifier will be perfect for a room with a limited space.
Another important thing to consider is the noise factor. Larger humidifiers will rightly produce greater noise, but this issue can be easily dealt with by investing in a humidifier that does not require the use of a rotating fan to blow out air.
What Specifications to Look for in a Bedroom Humidifier?
If you are not too sure of how to pick a humidifier for your room, then these specifications will give you a lead on it.
- User-friendly – Your humidifier should come with a definitive user manual that should be easy to follow.
- Low-Mainenance – Nobody likes to clean a humidifier every second day! Invest in a humidifier that requires minimal cleaning and maintenance.
- Humidity Settings – To monitor humidity levels according to your likings, a humidifier should possess a built-in humidistat. This way, you can lower down or amp up the humidity levels corresponding to the humidity in the outside environment.
- Lightweight and Portable – Even though this humidifier is not fit for travelling, but you might want to move it around your house, and enjoy moisture laden mist in different room settings. To make this possible, a humidifier should be light in weight, but substantial in delivering a powerful performance.
Using a humidifier is the ultimate way to recreate a naturally serene, and a balanced environment in your bedroom. These machines can administer incredible results on your health while you sleep, and contribute to a fresh and lively setting in your sleeping area. If you are keen on purchasing a humidifier that will boost your health, then this instructive guide can help you to make the best choice, and to select an optimally effective product. Your skin and body will be thankful to you for splurging on such a high-quality product!